First National Bank Loan
First National Bank is the oldest bank in South Africa and traces its origins back to the Eastern Province Bank which was formed in Grahamstown in 1838. Today, FNB trades as a division of FirstRand Bank Limited.
Do FNB offer personal loans?
Yes, FNB Personal Loans offer you loans from R2 000 or more, depending on your financial profile, with flexible repayment periods from 6 to 60 months. Both FNB and non-FNB customers can qualify, and repayments are made by monthly debit order.
A personal loan is a helpful tool when you require a cash boost for a set period of time, with a well designed plan of paying the funds back. In this way you can use the loan to better yourself, your business or an aspect of your life while still ensuring your future financial success.
What are the benefits and features of a FNB Personal Loan?
What's in it for you?
- They will deposit the money directly into your income bank account
- Your repayment will remain fixed over the period of the loan, even if interest rates go up
- A value added Customer Protection Plan is also available, which covers you in the event of retrenchment, death and disability
- Interest rates start from prime rate
What do I need to apply for an FNB Personal Loan?
- Minimum salary of R6 750
- An acceptable credit record
- Be over 18 years of age
- Permanently employed
- A bank account where your income is paid into (This account will also be used for debit order purposes)
- Possess a valid SA ID number (bar coded ID book)
- Be contactable by telephone
- Must have lived in the same place and worked for the same employer for an acceptable period of time
Do FNB offer different types of Personal Loans?
Yes, there are many different types which are outlined below:
The Smart Spend loan is available to FNB and non-FNB clients who are in need of a financial kick-start to get them going
To qualify you need to be over the age of 18 years and employed (proof of 6 months' employment is required).
You can take out the loan as an individual or as part of a loan scheme negotiated with your employer. Loans from R2 000 or more, depending on your financial profile, with flexible repayment periods from 6 to 60 months are available.
- Get a loan from R2 000 up to R15 000
- Flexible repayment terms (6 - 60 months)
- Your loan can be repaid via payroll deduction or debit order
- Once approved, you will receive your loan within one hour**
- Peace of mind with our Comprehensive Customer Protection Plan**
This is a personal loan from R4 000 to R50 000 with flexible repayment periods from 18 to 60 months. To qualify you need a minimum monthly income of R4 000.
Withdraw any additional money that you have paid into your home loan account.
Withdraw the difference between the original registered home loan bond amount and the outstanding balance without the need to apply for another loan.
Take out an extra bond on your property, over and above the original registered bond amount, and repay a single loan.
The Smart Bond is for people who need a home loan of between R20 000 and R240 000, preferably earn a single or joint gross monthly income of R10 000 or less, and are permanently employed/receive regular income(s).
Which documents may be requested on approval?
The following documents may be requested:
- A copy of your ID document.
- Your latest pay slip.
- Or, if you are self-employed, 6 months' bank statements.
- Bond statement or rates and taxes slip, where applicable.
- To comply with FICA (Know-Your-Customer) legislation, FNB will require a recent utility bill or a similar document to verify your residential address.